Pages

Sunday 15 September 2013

House of Holland SS14 - My Thoughts

As we are well into London Fashion Week, one designer's collection I always look forward to seeing is House of Holland, and in my opinion it's Henry's best yet.
I absolutely adore his collection this season - a mix of youthful streetstyle inspired pieces (see chain necklaces & caps) aswell as ladylike 50's silhouettes. I love how Henry Holland reinvents classic patterns in a bold & colourful way, such as polka dot, stipes and houndstooth seen in previous collections, and nevertheless he's done it again but this time with gingham/checks in a patchwork style print.
I also particularly love how he took inspiration from tattoos whilst on a research trip in South America and so some of the pieces are adorned with tattoo style motifs or subtly worked into a print. Along with metallic hues and renaissance painting inspired tops, these are key trends I'll definitely be wanting to work into my wardrobe come SS14. 
And of course the collection wouldn't be complete without his signature House of Holland slogan tee in the midst :-)
All in all I think it's a really stunning, flawless collection, one of my favourite to date.
I so hope I'll be able to witness a House of Holland show at LFW one day, but for now I can only dream..
I found it really hard to narrow down which of the looks from the show to include because every one is beautiful, but here are some of my favourites :-)
  
























 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 












What did you think of this collection? Which other designer collections have you liked from NYFW and LFW so far? Feel free to comment :-)

Em x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment